Corporate Tax Manager
This role would suit an experienced and self-motivated individual who is keen for exposure to varied and challenging work with interesting clients, and who enjoys managing people. The role is broadly split between 40% corporate tax advisory and 60% tax compliance work.
- Provide advisory and consultancy support on a broad range of ad hoc projects to the Tax Partner and other Partners or Associates. This may include reorganisations, R & D tax, share schemes, property hive ups, international tax etc.
- Manage the corporate tax compliance function for a portfolio of clients
- Deal with HMRC enquiries into the affairs of those clients
- Oversee the corporate tax workflow including meeting deadlines, setting budgets and billing
- Support the wider tax team and mentor and develop junior members of staff
What you’ll need.
- Accountancy practice experience and 5 years+ corporate tax experience in total
- CTA qualification or ACA/ACCA with relevant tax experience
- Experience of managing your own client compliance portfolio
- Experience of managing people
What we can offer you
The role will provide you with exposure to a variety of interesting clients including those in media, technology, not for profit, education, multinational groups, and inward investment. As members of an international network, you may have to deal with global tax questions.
We encourage personal development and a knowledge sharing environment, and we support progression within the firm.
We operate a hybrid working arrangement for this role with a requirement to attend the office for a minimum of 2 days per week.
Summary of Benefits:
- Competitive salary, reviewed annually in July
- 20 days’ paid holiday (increased by 1 day for each complete year of service to 30 June up to a maximum of 5 days) + Bank Holidays + 3 or 4 Christmas closure days
- Opportunity to buy/sell up to three days annual leave
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Life assurance scheme covering four times salary
- Cash back health scheme (with various benefits)
- One professional subscription a year paid by the Firm
- Season ticket loan
- One volunteering day a year paid by the Firm
- Staying connected – the opportunity to meet up with colleagues at various social events organised by the Staff Action Team throughout the year
How to apply
Please fill in the form to apply for this role, or email email@example.com.
Alliotts Staff Action Team (SAT) is a group of people across all disciplines of the firm. They are the ‘glue’ within the firm and are dedicated to getting people together by arranging a host of events as well as fundraising for our firms charities Prevent Breast Cancer and Play for Progress.
We are looking for students who have the ambition and drive to succeed as qualified accountants.