14 Jun 2017 10:39 AM
Do you have 250 or more employees as at 06th April 2017?
If you do then as an employer in the private, voluntary or public sectors you are required by law to carry out Gender Pay reporting under the Equality Act 2010 (Gender Pay Gap Information) Regulations 2017, at the very latest by 04th April 2018 (Private and voluntary sector), or 30th March 2018(Public sector).
This involves carrying out six basic calculations that show the difference between the average earnings of men and women in your organisation.
- Gender pay gap (mean and median averages)
- Gender bonus gap (mean and median averages)
- Proportion of men and women receiving bonuses
- Proportion of men and women in each quartile of the organisation’s pay structure
Where do I report this pay data?
There are two places that the information needs to be recorded
- You will need to publish your pay data on your own organisations web site (making this information fully accessible to your employees and the public) for private and voluntary sectors this must be accompanied by a statement of accuracy signed by a director or equivalent
- You also need to upload your pay data on the Government's Gender pay gap reporting web site https://www.gov.uk/report/gender-pay-gap-data
Helpful Web sites and information